What we offer
COLJAN Bar and Restaurant has adopted a new sit in menu offering to continue to deliver great locally sourced product at affordable prices to our customers. Coljan Rocks offers a unique “on the rocks” stone cooking at the table. Coljan have selected the very best of local produce, beef, fish and other selected meats for you to enjoy. The menu is tastefully served alongside a selection of starters and desserts prepared by the kitchen.
Our menu has remained simple and the product affordable with great options including gluten free and dairy free.
So if you fancy being the chef for the night, give us a try!
Please note: according to the latest government guidelines we are responsible for collecting names and contact information for ALL guests.
By completing this information in our booking form you will save time on arrival at Coljan.
N.B. for a booking to be valid a £5 deposit must be paid for each guest and Coljan must confirm.
After booking you will be directed to our deposit payment page and you will receive an email with the details of your pending reservation.
We look forward to welcoming you to ColJan
Terms of booking:
- The table is provided for a maximum of 6 people.
- Admittance is based on a completed booking form being received and accepted only.
- The data provided will be stored in line with GDPR requirements however, will be passed onto the relevant authorities (i.e. Track and Trace) if required to do so.
- Time at table is limited to 105 mins (1 hour 45 mins).
- Please note a limited menu will be available within the dining room.
- If there are more than 6 people in your bubble please contact us by phoning 01364 654011.
- All guests are required to comply with the requirements of the establishment. Please note any request will only be to ensure your safety.
- A £5 non refundable deposit is required per person to guarantee your booking. You will receive a confirmation email link to pay.
- Please note bookings are for internal tables only or for private hire of the Coljan barn. We do not take bookings for outside tables.
Bread & butter £7
Selection of 3 butters with wild tomato & chilli rolls, balsamic and olive oil (GFO)
Wild mushrooms on toast £8
Sourdough,watercress, truffle oil (GFO)
Ham hock terrine £9
Red onion marmalade, pickled vegetables (GF)
Wasabi mayonnaise (GF)
Pea Risotto £10
Pork cheek, hogs pudding, confit egg yolk
Designed for two to share
Charcuterie Board £14
Olives, bread, marmite butter, charcuterie, mixed nuts, pickled vegetables. (GFO)
Catch of the day £19
Locally caught fish from Brixham served with accompaniments. Our fish options change regularly to source the best of the catch. Ask your server for more information. (GF)
Guinea Fowl £19
Dauphinoise potatoes, wild mushrooms,. Wild mushroom puree, leeks (GFO)
Gammon, hen eggs & chips £16
16oz Manor Farm gammon, hen eggs, fries and pineapple chutney
Add: Seasonal greens to your meal
Vegan Curry £14
Coconut naan, basmati rice (Vg/GFO)
CJ’s Cheeseburger £15
Emmental, Gherkins, parma ham, lettuce, tomato
Add: Bacon or swap to blue cheese instead (GFO)
CJ’s Vegan Burger £15
Our own recipe vegan burgers change regularly, please ask your server for more information.
Add Haloumi (Ve/GF)
Blue Cheese Salad £8 | £13 (starter / main)
Dressed leaves,Devon blue cheese, apple,celery,pear, pickled red onion, candied walnuts
Red Pepper Salad £7 | £12 (starter / main)
Roasted red pepper, hummus, dressed salad, pickled red onion,cucumber, tomato
Main served "on the rocks"
All main courses are prepared in the kitchen and seared on our 300 degree stones, and then brought to the table. The cooking is finished to your liking at the table. This is a great experience and many who try it, love to experience it again and again..
Manor Farm Fillet Steak £28
Onion puree, garlic butter, mushroom, tomato & fries
Tuna Fillet Steak £17
Fries and seasonal vegetables,
Onion rings £5 | Seasonal vegetables £4 | Fries £4 | Steak Sauces: choose from blue cheese or peppercorn £3
We are pleased to offer a selection of desserts.
Please ask to see our dessert menu.